CORE has raised more than $6 million and granted support to over 1,200 families from across the industry and the country. Contributions from our Corporate Sponsors and individual donors allow CORE to provide grants that Help families bridge the gap during a financial crisis.
CORE has supported food and beverage service families in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico, and we have Board Members, and Ambassadors across the country that help spread the word and gain awareness of CORE’s mission.
If a family qualifies for CORE support, they receive a financial grant that is a gift. Each grant is unique and based on the applicant’s specific qualifying event. The following expenses are costs that may be covered by a CORE grant: rent/mortgage, utilities, medical supplies, medical or therapy equipment, therapies, prescriptions, over the counter medicine, travel costs, costs associated with a funeral, groceries, clothing, other essential needs a family might need to navigate their specific circumstance. We work with each family to create the best and most impactful grant for their family. All information provided to CORE is kept confidential. Documentation is required.
CORE reserves the right to determine which circumstances and conditions qualify as life-altering and determine how CORE grant funds are distributed in fulfillment of each grant. CORE families may reapply for support after (3) years since the date of grant distribution. If you are interested in applying for support or referring a family for support, please visit our grant application.
Qualifying events include but are not limited to:
• Diagnosed Medical Condition (child or parent)
• Injury or Accident (child or parent)
• Death of an immediate family member (child or parent)
• Documented domestic abuse (child or parent)
• Natural disaster (loss of life or home)
Types of expenses we cover include but are not limited to:
• Rent or mortgage
• Utilities such as electric, gas, water and sewer
• Funeral expenses including travel to out of town funerals
• Medical bills/supplies
• Therapy sessions/equipment
• Hospital expenses for family: travel, hotel stays, food, gas, etc.
• Other child needs: diapers, formula, etc.
• Childcare costs
Expenses we DO NOT cover:
• Cable service
• Direct Cash/Check to Family
• Hospital bills
• Car repair
• Past due balances unrelated to circumstance
- Child: one dependent on, under the care of, or in custody of a parent, caregiver, or guardian.
- CORE Family: refers to all members of CORE staff, CORE Board of Directors, CORE Advisory Council, COREporate members and sponsors, CORE Ambassadors, CORE volunteers, CORE grant recipients, and individual CORE donors and supporters.
- CORE Grant: support in the form of funds to be used to support families of restaurant employees (as defined below).
- Family: may refer to a group of people who are related to each other, living in the same household as each other, financially dependent upon each other, or providing care for each other; may include: parent, child, sibling, grandparent, aunt or uncle, step-family, half-family, etc. Must include at least one child (as defined above) to be eligible for CORE support. CORE reserves the right to define the family group parameters for each of our recipients.
- Life-altering Circumstances or Conditions: sudden life changes related to a health or medical diagnosis, injury, illness of the employee or child that affect a family (as defined above) (i.e. child or family member diagnosed with a medical condition), passing of parent/caregiver/guardian or child, loss of home due to sudden environmental natural disaster. CORE reserves the right to define the parameters of life-altering circumstances or conditions for each of our recipients.
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian: one who is the parent, caregiver, custodian, or legal guardian of a child.
- Restaurant: any place where food and beverage is bought and sold on-premise, including quick service (ex.: Starbucks and McDonald’s, grocery store hot bar), fast casual (ex.: Panera), casual dining (ex.: Olive Garden), fine dining (ex.: Fleming’s Steak House), and room service and in-hotel restaurants (ex.: Marriott hotel bar or in-room food service), food trucks, and hospital and school cafeterias.
- Restaurant Employee: a person on the payroll of a restaurant (as defined above) part- or full-time. CORE refers to these employees as “food and beverage employees”.
CORE celebrates the diverse make-up of those working in the restaurant and beverage industry. Our sole function is to be there for those employees and their families in times of critical need due to a health crisis or natural disaster, regardless of race, religion, gender identification or sexual orientation.